Hello! ...Im lost

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by murderhigh187, Dec 16, 2008.

1. murderhigh187

murderhigh187 Private First Class

Well since Im the Major Nubzor, I didnt know where to post this so I guess Ill post in the practice area, but the problem is I did "Read and Run Me" and it fixed my malware problem (TY guys:)) and it was all great. Then after a few days I noticed (may have been that way from day 1 and I didnt notice it :confused)there was this chat bubble a bit after I started my computer saying "Security alert no FireWall on" (something to that effect) and its really annoying me now

I deleted all the stuff from Read and run me because I thought I wouldnt need them anymore....DOH!

any help would be much appreciated

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Welcome, I would enable the built in firewall in Windows at the least or install a third party one if you wish, just don't have both running as that will give you serious headaches. Since you're 'lost', this should have been posted in software for best answers as many folk don't bother looking in here.;)

3. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Hey, I'm lost also.......could someone send a search party? ( I could use a good party!!!) :-D

4. murderhigh187

murderhigh187 Private First Class

Alright thanks guys, Ill repost in the software section :major

5. augiedoggie

What Tim? You want a St. Bernard to find you carrying a keg of whiskey to 'warm you up'? :p:-D

Sorry murderhigh187 for totally hijacking your thread, I could't resist! Plus you're reposting so I feel I'm not breaking any rules here. Watch out for Tim though!

6. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Or you could send Laura with the booze....:-D

7. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

'scuse me? You must be talking about some other Laura you're switching out for a St Bernard. :p

Sorry murderhigh187 for the continuing thread hijack. You definitely need to watch out for that Tim.

8. augiedoggie

I was wondering if you'd ever get here. LOL about another Laura. roflmao

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds