How Do I Get It Back? Printer Icon (near clock)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Oooops!, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

Hi!

I'm wondering how I can re-apply my printer icon back to the taskbar (I think that's what it's called, the place beside the clock)? I can't find where in the printer program that I took the checkmark out of the box to remove the icon. I would like for it to appear again, do I need to re-install the printer?

I don't want a desktop shortcut, I've already got that, this other shortcut or icon gives me options such as checking ink levels and maintence items.

Thanks for your help, I hope you understand what I'm trying to say/describe.

Signed,
    Computer Illiterate
    :rolleyes:

Epson Stylus CX4600

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

check your programs menu for any Epson programs then check them for enableing icons in the system tray..

or if you goto Control Panel and taskbar and Start Menu and either untick Hide Inactive icons or customise and look for the Epson Icon and change its behaviour to always show.

3. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

Damn, damn, damn. I think I'm missing an entry in my Start Menu which would guide me to where I want to go. I wonder if that got deleted when I was "Spring Cleaning". Geez.

I tried unticking "Hide Inactive Icons", the icon isn't appearing.

I don't see anything in the Customize option. Everything else but. (Is there a way to get rid of all those unwanted items in the Customize List by the way?)

Hmmmmm, maybe I should re-install the printer? I wonder if I've deleted something that I shouldn't have. Not surprising! I thought that I had learned, lol. Would that be the less complicated way?
    :p

Thanks so much!

4. DavidGP

yeah if you think you have deleted something in spring cleaning hen yes re-installing the driver and associated software should bring back the icon.

5. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

Thanks so much for your help, I'll re-install the printer.

D'ya know if it's possible to delete several entries in the "Customize Notification" list that aren't used? Or perhaps I should omit the word "delete" from my vocabulary? lmao
    :p

Last edited: Aug 8, 2005
  6. DavidGP

yes but it removes them all... but then on re-boot it will repopulate the menu again and further apps started/run that enter the tray will also enter that menu again.

You are editing the registry tho so care is to be taken, wethre that be a registry backup or full system backup
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283084

but it does work ok as I did it a while back.

7. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

Thanks, I'll check it out outta curiousity, but as it deals with the registry, I think I better quit deleting while I'm ahead, lol.
    ;)

Thanks again for your help!
    :)

8. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

Hi!
    Sorry to bring an old thread back to life, but I have to say many thanks to you!
    ;)

I re-installed my printer and now have the icon back, (as well as forgotten missing files, lol).

Also, tonight my curiousity got the best of me. I did actually end up trying the link you gave me to clear up the Past Items List in the Customize Notification List thingy. Success! Sweaty palms and an anxiety attack later, I didn't crash the computer! lmao

Many thank yous to you (and to all friendly members who help/contribute in this forum!).
    Thanks!
    :D

9. DavidGP

Hey Oooops!

Glad it all worked out for you, yeah messing with the registry does give sweaty palms!!!

But no its good to hear that any advice we give helps SO THANK YOU for telling us :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds