RealTek High Def Audio Driver problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by Doyletr, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Doyletr

Doyletr Private E-2

Hey all, I'm new here and I'm hoping ya'll could help me out. I just recently built a new computer and have everything working fine except my audio driver. I put in the disk that came with the motherboard to install it, and all I get is this during the install:
    "Install Realtek HD Audio Driver Failure !!"

I have read some other posts on this forum that sounded similar to this and followed some steps but nothing would work

I have the Asus P5N-D motherboard (http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3573170&cm_mmc=Email-_-WebletMain-_-WEBLET03ORDER-_-03order&SRCCODE=WEBLET03ORDER)

Any help would be appreciated

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:wave Welcome to Major Geeks :major
    You didn't tell us which version of Windows your using, so I'll assume it's XP. First, uninstall any audio drivers you have currently installed. Then install the chipset drivers and restart the PC when it finishes. Download the Microsoft UAA audio driver (KB888111) from this link and scroll down until you see KB888111 on the left, then click the green Download on the right. Install it. Now, using the audio driver from the Asus web site, reload the audio driver and reboot when it finishes. Hopefully this will work! Let us know how it goes!

(oh yeah... I don't want to sound condescending but check the BIOS and make sure the on board audio is enabled ;) )

3. Doyletr

Doyletr Private E-2

yea, im using xp

i finally got my realtek hd audio driver installed after numerous problems, now it shows the asus sound manager thing but when i click on volume control it says there are no active mixer devices available. isnt the mixer device supposed to be the asus sound manager thing? or do i have to download something from somewhere else for it?

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

What is "it" that is showing the Asus Sound Manager? Go into Control Panel > Sounds & Audio Devices and click on the Audio tab; under Default Device for each section, make sure it shows RealTek HD Audio, and make sure to check to the box for "Only use default devices" down at the bottom... I attached a screen shot....

Attached Files:

5. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

You should have a Realtek HD Audio Manager. It will be listed in the Control Panel.

6. Doyletr

Doyletr Private E-2

it shows the audio manager in control panel and on my system tray thing, but under the audio tab in sounds and devices it doesnt list realtek HD audio output/input. it just shows theres nothing there. :\

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/2263/sighqh4.jpg

also, one really weird thing is when i use the realtek audio manager test thing it plays the sound on each speaker

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  7. Doyletr

Doyletr Private E-2

so i tried this for like the 5th time and finally it somehow worked. it wouldnt let me install kb888111 uaa audio driver with sp3 for some reason, so i had to uninstall sp3, then install it and it actually worked somehow... guess i got lucky or something? thanks for all the help! i appreciate it

8. forester25x

forester25x Private E-2

I have similar problem but with different system, that’s why I joint  MG, I have just built a new XPC SG31G2 with XP sp2 and upgraded to sp3…everything work…except Realtek HD sound. Just like what you have, the new HD driver failed to install. I have read somewhere saying SP3 is missing some driver or something. My solution is to uninstall SP3 and reinstall SP2, now the new installed and work beautifully. I think I will stay away from XP SP3 now, hope this may give you some light…:eek:

Ooo...I just missed you last post that now is working...silly me...:p

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds