Looking for a decent picture viewer.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Balbanebeoulve, Feb 24, 2004.

1. Balbanebeoulve

Balbanebeoulve Bal. Balba. Babalabawhosemawhutsie

I'm looking for a picture viewer that you guys recommend, basically all I want is the ability to load the picture quickly (sometimes I may go through a lot of scans at once and it may take the default picture viewer a few seconds to load, a bit irritating) also I want the ability to view PNGs, and other common picture files.

Thanks in advance.

P.S It doesn't have to be a free one.

2. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK MajorGeeks Forum Administrator Staff Member

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Nick I have to compleatly AGREE with you on PS Album..... My job partly involves dealing with photo manipulation and as I have both my own pics, wallpapers and company pics on my pc I find that PS Album is a superb way to catalogue the pictures from the 3 HDs and multiple CD/DVDs in one program.

plus it allows you to at a basic level adjust pics for Contrast, Colour Balance and remove Red Eye etc etc also the intigration with the other Adobe apps and digital camera's is very welcome :)

As a catalogue and basic editing program its one of the best I've used.

4. billH

billH Master Sergeant

Ifran View is a great app, but I prefer graphic workshop from Alchemy Mindworks. You might want to take a look at it. Easy to use and does a great job of shifting from format to format as in converting ping to jpg etc.

5. Boccemon

Boccemon First Sergeant

for basic stuff

you can't beat IfranView. I just downloaded it last week and haven't touched my Adobe photoshop or Elements since. Great app!! :)

6. Endi

Endi Lt. Links

Another vote for infanview:D

7. Balbanebeoulve

Balbanebeoulve Bal. Balba. Babalabawhosemawhutsie

Iview is pretty nifty, I've heard of it and downloaded but it didn't catch my interest then, hehe. Now it's pretty cool. Only thing is, it takes a few seconds to load for the first picture, after that it's just gold ^^

8. Boccemon

Boccemon First Sergeant

cool

I enjoy it too. I'm sure you will also!! :)

9. ArchAngel

ArchAngel Sergeant

I've been using Irfanviewer for years. Can't beat it.

10. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds