Tablet recommendations?

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Hardware' started by Nexus_, Apr 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nexus_

Nexus_ Staff Sergeant

My budget: Nothing above $100 preferably

What i would generally like:
    Dual or quad core cpu
    mini hdmi port
    4000 mah ( or better) battery
    android 4.1 or higher ( or whatever is currently new and stable)
    Dual cameras ( front and back)

The closest i have seen to this are ones from walmart but since i never owned any of those brands i don' know what to think about them.

The description on some of walmarts site doesn't say how many mah the battery is, it just says '' 8 hrs'' battery which is fairly subjective depending on what its being used for.

I mean if someone just turns on a tablet and only plays music with wifi off i am sure it will last a long time but then again whats the purpose of using a tablet for that?

The purpose of using this for me was wifi, and video viewing,and skype.

I would appreciate any help in some aid for tablets around this price range and or other opinions.

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

3. Nexus_

Nexus_ Staff Sergeant

what tablet do you own if you don't mind me asking?

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I have the Nexus 7 (2013).

Always the latest software, and quite quick.

5. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

That one I actually do not recommend. That one for 149 is from 2012, and is rather sluggish.

7. Nexus_

Nexus_ Staff Sergeant

They have some specials in a nearby walmart for $100 regarding a hisense sero 7 pro tablet.

This one seems to have good reviews and is actually compared and rated a little better than some earlier generation nexus 7 models.

Anyone have one of these? I dislike tablets/devices that don't allow me to expand memory.

8. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Check if they have a display model there. It doesn't seem to be a bad deal for $100 but Hisense is new to the tablet scene and sometimes you really do get what you paid for.

Here is the Amazon ad which has 27 buyer reviews:
    http://www.amazon.com/HISENSE-Sero-Pro-Inch-Tablet/dp/B00FQT4QKU

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds