Obama's Blackberry

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by lp098, Feb 24, 2009.

1. lp098

lp098 Private E-2

it appears that hackers are going to have a "convention" to see who can get into Barack Obama's blackberry will they be successful??

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Where there's a will, there seems to be a way. Too bad they don't spend time doing something productive. I hope they get arrested just for trying.

If they do get in, anything on it will probably be impossible to decrypt.

3. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

Oh, deep joy, another bunch of loonies trying to prove themselves worthy of the tag 'LOSERS'. Why don't they just NOT do it and save themselves the embarrassment of being shown on Network News items across the world, cuffed and with blankets over their heads? Morons. (Hope they don't see this and exact retribution by hacking into my computer and nicking all the crap I've got on it.)

4. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

Being that he is expressly forbidden to use it for anything other than personal communication, who cares? If someone thinks they're getting national security information by doing so, they're so wrong I hope they succeed just so they can find out how stupidly wrong they are. Unless, of course, they really want to know what's for dinner or how his daughter's basketball team did last game.

Honestly...there are way more important things on my list of things to do than this nonsense.

5. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

I never understood what the big deal was on either side. They wanted to take it away but he wanted to keep it. I know he has more common sense that to use it for anything other than personal communications, especially since they told him that he has to use it for that purpose. He has 50 hard line phones at his disposal t any given time. So what do the hackers hope to gain from trying to get into his messages. He is probably using it like everyone else to keep up on his children, check the stocks, read personal emails from family while on the road( which is always) text back and forth to Michelle and so on.
    How stupid can you be, what are you hoping for if you hack it. to be on the Secret Service watch list with Hinkley, Not being able to fly because you are now on the no fly list, Having your family harassed and watched by the NSA for life. Having a FBI analysis go through your financial records. Having the IRS audit you every year for life.
    Lets all say it together...deep breath, ready

:banghead HOW STUPID CAN YOU BE

6. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

They should just contract Jack Bauer - he'd be in to it in 2 minutes flat!

7. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

More like Cloe, she hack into it then she'd get that worried look on her face like your bothering her.

8. KathyM

KathyM Master Sergeant

Chloe is my computer TV Idol :) She knows everything about everything regarding computers.....thank goodness Jack has her :)

9. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

LOL, I agree those jerks should get a life or at least a girlfriend!(Ya right, as if that's going to happen!:-D) First of all, they need his email addy, right? I know nothing about Blackberries except the natural kind taste great!:drool Bloody bunch of idiots!:confused Hehe, do they really want to get on the bad side of the SS? rolleyes

10. oma

oma MajorGeek

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/Story?id=6712260&page=3 May not be as easy perhaps?
    Excerpt:
    I just love.... our geek in chief will be shooting from both hips. :-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds