Where is the EPROM CHIP on a Dell Inspiron 1545

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Africangeeks, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Africangeeks

Africangeeks Private E-2

Hi, I never thought i would ever need to register on this forum to ask a question :-D. somebody will always have asked the same question.

this one beats me. I have a Dell inspiron 1545. One morning last week i put it on and it asked for a system password (bios).

I tried to reset it using a ll the methods i know but in vain.

the last resort seems to remove the EPROM chip but cant trace it on the board and apparently nobody ever has according to my research on the net. Does anybody have an image, a sign , anything.
    Thanks for any answer

2. Africangeeks

Africangeeks Private E-2

3. onegoodman

onegoodman Private First Class

Contact Dell They might help, If you are th original owner, or you know the name of the original owner.

I suppose the you could always replace the motherboard. What good is
    a hard drive without the computer? Well, it has some value, but not nearly as
    much as an entire working notebook computer.

4. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

5. onegoodman

onegoodman Private First Class

6. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Does your service tag number end in either "595b" and "2a7b"?

7. Africangeeks

Africangeeks Private E-2

It ends with 595b

8. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

9. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

You could give this a read through. Maybe try the compiled binary to generate a password after scanning it with a good anti-virus program.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds