Danger will robinson danger! I reformatted my computer and now it has problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by rks87, Apr 21, 2011.

1. rks87

rks87 Private E-2

Hello to the person who is helping me,

I need some help

I reformatted my computer and reinstalled windows XP PRO SP3.

Now it doesn't have any sound and the video quality sucks. I totally forgot to save the drivers before the reformat and now I don't have the cds that came with it either.

I used Everest only to find out that my motherboard is "unknown".
    My sound doesn't work, video sucks, motherboard is nameless... what have I done!

These are what showed up after i ran everest

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      100.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2011
  2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Could you tell us what devices in Device Manager have a yellow ! mark by them if any?

The likelyhood is you need a few drivers installing and is your PC a OEM one for the likes of DELL, HP, ACER etc and if so whats the make and model number?

But looking in your log the motherboard looks like an MSI based one HERE and the drivers installed in the order below may help.

Install the Chpset firsts HERE and then reboot.

Then install the Audio HERE and the Video HERE and reboot and see how your going.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds