Can I donate $10

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by alkapone, Jul 4, 2013.

1. alkapone

alkapone Private E-2

After trying to resolve a virus problem, someone, somewhere suggested Rogue Killer. I tried it today. When I saw that 2 virus's from AVG were secured I thought bingo. Also a missing module window appeared at the start. It is gone.

The problem...I could no longer d/l with IE 10 (newly installed by MS) which in turn removed 64bit from the usually avail 64 and 32 bit setup.

I have Malware Pro (paid) and free AVG. My first problem seemed to start with that Fake RCMP Virus...which Malware Bytes removed.

Thank you Major Geeks....for Rogue Killer. If you have a setup for Paypal...my donation $10 will be sent.:cool

2. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

You can donation $10 too me :-D But not sure where the donation tab is on {MG}.You should PM the mods.

3. thisisu

thisisu Malware Consultant

RogueKiller contains a Paypal / Donate button. Bottom-right corner of the interface.

4. alkapone

alkapone Private E-2

5. _nullptr

_nullptr Major Geeky Geek Geek

6. alkapone

alkapone Private E-2

Thanks...and completed.

7. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Majorgeeks doesn't really take donations, as far as us just make sure you share the page/forums with anyone in need of help:)

8. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

This has come up a few times in the past and as Colemanguy has said all the thanks we require is knowing that you have been helped, and possibly recommending us to as many people as possible.

9. theefool

theefool Geekified

Yes, this has come up in the past. I'd be willing to donate also, to help with bandwidth and server costs.

10. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

You know, if you download something from the main page and have your adblocker on, you get this message.

...just saying ;)

Attached Files:

• bmp.jpg
      bmp.jpg
      File size:
      90.3 KB
      Views:
  11. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Thats interesting, cause i know i have seen major in several threads saying similar, we don't need donations just share us around.

12. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

I know they don't ask for them. I was just pointing out what I noticed in case someone really wanted to donate, there is a way.

13. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

WOW thanks for your offer alkapone as its really appreciated by all the team, but as said we do not have a mechanism for donations, BUT you can always spread the world and links to Majorgeeks the forum and downloads sites, plus maybe http://www.jinx.com/shop/coll/friends/partner/majorgeeks/

14. Mr Sniff

Mr Sniff Private E-2

Hey People, Management.

My two cents...

majorgeeks.com has made my life easier and I would love an easy "donate" button. I'm not a big social network user so the "share so we are better known" philosophy doesn't really work for me. I have Adblock deactivated on majorgeeks.com

I use majorgeeks.com for safe downloads of products and for their malware guides. In my time (I think 9 years) of using majorgeeks.com I haven't had one bad download and I use the anti-malware guides around every two to five months. Five home PC's that I have to manage when I have the chance.

Essentially, get some way that people can donate or otherwise I will have to start buying your shirts, and no one likes a 240lb man in a t!

Yours,

Mr Sniff

15. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Mr Sniff

First off many thanks for your kind post and taking the time to air your views on Majorgeeks, we like to think we have a great place to come for tech issues.

On your good suggestions for donating I will be aiming your post to the owners of the site Tim and Jim for their input on this, but HEY a geek T on anyone is COOL!!! ;)

Again thanks for posting, really appreciated.

16. Corporal Punishment

Corporal Punishment Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for wanting to help out, everyone! We have avoided the idea for years, however...... On the main forum page, I've added a donated button to the right hand menu bar. (right near the ad for http://shop.majorgeeks.com) We appropriate the support!

17. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

18. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

I too have added a new signature to the end of all my posts. ;)

Laura, not sure but I *think* your link (in sig) might be fubar'd...

I get this off yours:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds