Start up problem (Windows XP Home)

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by besb421, Jun 18, 2008.

1. besb421

besb421 Private E-2

Hi,my name is Len and i'm new to this forum and, fairly novice with the tech' side of computers. My problem is this: My ''Scaleo P'' desktop failed to start. It just produced a flash of blue screen on startup and then repeatedly tried to restart whether i tried in safe mode or any other alternative.
    Finally i reluctantly decided to use the recovery disc and reinstalled windows. All went as it should untill the conclusion. After the final restart on startup i got a line (similar to a zebra crossing along the bottom of the screen). The black lines slowly diminished as if the PC was reading files for about 10 minutes before the PC finally started. Once started though the PC is stable.
    Is this a fault left by a bad installation and i have to re-install all over or, is it something i can fix with my limited knowledge?
    Many thanks.

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

Start a new thread in the --->>>>> Software Forum

The guys in there will be able to advise you further

Good Luck.

3. Grumbles

Grumbles Bamboozled Geek

Welcome Len :)
    Hope you get the problem sorted soon.

G

4. JPolito830

JPolito830 Private E-2

Welcome to the forum Len...Hope all goes well!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds