new record

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by eric06, Jul 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eric06

eric06 Sergeant Major

i know i am a new person to this and probably won't get much response but i still have to try it. we need to get everymember (or as many as possible) so sign in at once and then get a gient thread started where they all sign it and we can set a new record for most people on at once and for the most replies posted in one day. anybody else agree with this or is it a stupid idea? thanks

eric

2. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

you can try....

3. Anon-15281db623

Anon-15281db623 Anonymized

It sounds like a cool idea. I know MG keeps track of how many people are on the site at once. I belive we broke the record for that a few weeks ago. I wonder if there is a record for so many people on a forum?

:cool:

cooked

4. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

yeah i remember that week that we broke it. we broke it like 5 times in like one day :). I didn't think too much of it until like a week later. And im the first one on the list! woo hoo

5. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

Present and accounted for

6. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

I would prefer to break the least people on record. Its much quieter and happier here with less on really. More people = more aggravation, spammers, troublemakers, etc.

7. glennk721

glennk721 MajorGeek

Just a thought, I know more people = more work for you !!!, I seems you did want to be involved here at a higher capacity then most,,,,but dosent more people = A GOOD WEBSITE...we all know the down side IE: the spammers etc,,,this will always be a problem for any forum type site...,,but the other side is more people being helpfull, and enjoying a great WEBSITE ???

Enjoy being here, Glenn :)

8. WobblesRArt

WobblesRArt MajorGeek

i think that somebody hooked up MG's with a new software, and most of the people on that day........were not members of MajorGeeks.......it would be reall hard trying to get them back.............wobbles

9. mgrist

mgrist Private Weapons

Major Attitude???? That sounds like
    Major Grumpy :D:D

Yea it must be a pain dealing with alot of smart butts like me all the time :p
    Get you some help big guy, the more the merrier

10. Major Attitude

Hahahha, nah if you were ever at the old Tweakfiles board, you would know what I mean. Having a lot of people on forums usually brings trouble, smaller usually makes for a tighter community :)

11. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

Yeah, browse the forums at AnandTech and you'll see the problems with large forums. The signal-to-noise ratio goes way down.

12. highly_volatile

highly_volatile Private First Class

13. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

Yeah, i like it with less people. It feels like a community to me and I know everyone in it. I wouldn't want it to ever change.

14. ICeMaN

ICeMaN Master Sergeant

huh?

15. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

Are you trying to live up to your sign-in name? :rolleyes:

16. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

I didn't get that either...

17. mgrist

mgrist Private Weapons

This isn't my first rodeo and I agree that smaller is better but things always change and good sites like this will get bigger. With the proper leadership and good moderation big can be good also.
    Another thing I've noticed in my wanderings is that there is always somebody against the house no matter what they do.

18. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

No dear, thats the heavy hand of responsibility weighing down over the big fat mouths of ignorance, theres a difference

19. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

Wonderfully put, Wenchie, dear

20. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

thats my niche in life... compressing loads and loads of blather into one little blunt sentance of doom.

21. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

No, no...one little blunt sentence of TRUTH in this case.

People have to take responsibility for their own choices and actions (but that's another thread, eh?)

22. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

yeah. I mean, theres a point when pride overtakes sensibility and nothing but idiocy can thereafter ensue. damn... I'm spouting proverbs tonight. maybe i'll have to update my quotes page...

Friendship and loyalty are extremely important to me... and people who don't respect that, as much as it hurts, have no place in my life.

23. Major Attitude

Hi,
    Your facts are a bit off :) I removed people who were using OUR private messaging system to tell people behind our backs about a website. These were people who pretended to be our friends while plotting behind our back to make a clone of this website, just registered for the first time in October, 2003 (though they claimed it was owned since I was in diapers, which would be about 1968) and even originally stealing one of our graphics like our front page Hot icon which was drawn by our artist Eric Greb for this website. It was not proper. A couple other because they continue to post things like this by slandering us then expecting an apology for a little name calling. Waaaaah. That makes sense. A few others, who come here continue to take jabs, like you just did. I dont know why, you guys are bored? Bitter? Dont like it here? No one makes you come here. I know of only a few people here who go there and thats all good. These few people know that and that they are welcome here, contrary to this new lie, your all welcome here except the ones who stab us in the back. Thats reasonable on our part. Im sure theres plenty more, but unlike you guys who seem to live for the politics of this make believe life you call forums, we really dont care too awful much, unless it affects us, which it initially did. We were falsely accused of reading private messages and stood by while these jabs continue in other ways in an attempt to draw traffic by slandering us. Side note, anything databased is accesible and can be read, so really there is a risk anywhere. Really rather sad. It will not be allowed here anymore because those of us who like it here are not interested in your silly little message board wars. Go where you want. Dont like it here? I am sorry you feel that way, but if you want FACTS, always ask both sides instead of following blindly. Simply click log off and go wherever you want, its a big fake world with lots of people who will play your game with you. Your being used right now by attempting to make us look bad on the behalf of other people. Its honestly grown pathetic to watch. My email is readily available as is my PM if anyone wants a mature, honest discussion of the facts. FYI, not one person has made an attempt to ask me or CP our side of the story, nor use what they know as fact, but rather lie to people and use scare tactics to generate traffic. I find that interesting and telling. Nothing I have posted here is a lie nor damaging, but simply our side of the story. Think about that.

This IS the last thread on this. Anything else will be deleted. I will not allow anything else from the "other side" including this thread. There is no need to post this continual slander here affecting our forums, when you all can do that elsewhere :) I just felt I should offer my 2 cents with some basic truths about some thing, though it appears most are already predisposed to think a certain way regardless of the facts. Thats why we dont bother anymore. Its like arguing with my children. If you want to think of me as an asshole, thats cool, your not the first, wont be the last, but dont think you know me, because you DONT. You can please some of the people some of the time, to hell with the rest.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2004
  24. Boccemon

Boccemon First Sergeant

Well said MA.

25. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

There goes that word "grumpy" to describe M.A. again! ;)

...Strange, that! :rolleyes:

26. Major Attitude

Yeah whats up with that? One would assume the name would be a first clue :) Ill tell you I wish I was more happy go lucky, but cant seem to find the right zen to it :)

[​IMG]

27. ICeMaN

ICeMaN Master Sergeant

28. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Hmm...You're not alone. I was getting told off by a woman customer of mine last night for being "grumpy" and to "lighten up".

Maybe it had to do with the fact that it was 1:30 in the morning, and I had better things to do than to get covered in ink from her old p.o.s. printer, that she scored for nothing because it was trash, and I was supposed to wave a magic wand and make it all better. :rolleyes:

But "you get that", I guess. ;)

(ROFL @ the pic.!)

29. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Your house-your rules. No explanation necessary, no discussion required. Love it or leave it, the only choice given.

30. mgrist

mgrist Private Weapons

:cool: :) :cool:

31. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

MA's not grumpy, he just doesnt like people. ;)

32. Major Attitude

I like how one of them tried to respond to this thread calling me names and a troublemaker. Hahahhaha.

[​IMG]

33. glennk721

glennk721 MajorGeek

LOL I WOULD BE GRUMPY IF SOMEONE TOOK MY PIC ON A BIKE LIKE THIS IN 2002 LOL ..The MAJOR RIDES AGAIN !!!!...,,,JUST A JOKE .Glenn

34. Vonnie

Vonnie Sergeant

They do show imagination.
    Shame they cant find a more constructive way to use it.
    Dont lose the attitude MA.
    It is what keeps this site going. :)

35. Major Attitude

Welp, tossed in my thoughts, so thats it for that. Time to go outside.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds