Can't access a specific website suddenly.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by citynews, Jun 30, 2009.

1. citynews

citynews Private E-2

I have tried using a different brower on the same computer, a different computer with different web browers and still can't access megaupload.com. I didn't have any anti spy or anything on or change any setting before. What can be the problem? Everytime I try to access it, an error message shows:
    Error! could not locate remote server

You tried to access the address http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RGTSPUIV, which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the Web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.
    Make sure your Internet connection is active and check whether other applications that rely on the same connection are working.

Can that site be block by the service provider? Please help.:cry

2. jconstan

jconstan MajorGeek

3. chronk

chronk Private E-2

Browsing the web - I have seen your issue before - It may be that the site was having issues. I have seen Internet service providers not able to access certain sites at certain times, especially if your ISP uses a proxy server. I have seen this problem with AOL before. Would not hurt to clear your cache and cookies,

If you have the issue for the long term it is likely a service provider issue.
    But - you may want to check your Hosts files in
    C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc.\Host right click, then left click open with, or open.
    ( open with notepad ) I would de-select - always open with...
    look for megaupload.com (edit / find - if you have many listings in hosts).
    If you are using spybot S&D or something similar - you may be able to edit the host file from there - I do not currently use the hosts functions of spybot S&D, - but know that it and perhaps some other antispyware programs - have a component that adds to and watches your hosts files.

I looked at the site: I see this file: The.Greed.of.Man.1992.EP01.DVD.X..rar
    and ads that say google pays me $173.00 per hour - I find that hard to believe, if they do - I think it would be through much knowledge and hard work, and risk of your $ up front. If you are able to access the site - let us know if you make mega dough = $.
    Good Luck,

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds