Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admiral Adama

Admiral Adama Private E-2

I believe I have the Vundo Trojan on my computer. Here are my logs.

Attached Files:

2. Admiral Adama

Heres my last log.

Attached Files:

3. Admiral Adama

I have also lost all sound.

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Your logs are clean. I suggest that you take up your sound issue in the software forum.

If you are not having any other malware problems, it is time to do our final steps:
    1. We recommend you keep SUPERAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for scanning/removal of malware. Unless you purchase them, they provide no real-time protection. They are useful as backup scanners.They do not use any significant amount of resources ( except a little disk space ) until you run a scan.
    2. If we had you use ComboFix, uninstall ComboFix (This uninstall will only work as written if you installed ComboFix on your Desktop like we requested.)
      • Click START then RUN and enter the below into the run box and then click OK. Note the quotes are required
      • "%userprofile%\Desktop\combofix" /u
        • Notes: The space between the combofix" and the /u, it must be there.
        • This will uninstall ComboFix and also reset hidden files and folders settings back to Windows defaults.
    3. Any other miscellaneous tools we may have had you install or download can be uninstalled and deleted.
    4. If running Vista, it is time to make sure you have reenabled UAC by double clicking on the C:\MGtools\enableUAC.reg file and allowing it to be added to the registry.
    5. Go to add/remove programs and uninstall HijackThis.
    6. Goto the C:\MGtools folder and find the MGclean.bat file. Double click on this file to run this cleanup program that will remove files and folders related to MGtools and some other items from our cleaning procedures.
    7. If you are running Vista, Windows XP or Windows ME, do the below:
      • Refer to the cleaning procedures in step 3 the READ ME for your Window version and see the instructions to Disable System Restore which will flush your Restore Points.
      • Then reboot and Enable System Restore ato create a new clean Restore Point.
    8. After doing the above, you should work thru the below link:

5. Admiral Adama

Are there any other scans I can run? My backround is still different and its asking me to download a program to fix my codec. I'm still getting false messages stating critical errors and such. My computer is also running extremely slow.

6. Admiral Adama

Its also preventing me from running task manager.

7. TimW

Your problems may not be malware related.

Click Start, Run, and enter sfc /scannow and click OK. There is a space after the sfc. This runs System Rile Checker which looks for missing or corrupted system files and attempts to replace/repair them from files on your hard disk or from the CD if necessary. So it will ask for the Windows CD if it needs it.

After running sfc, are there any changes in your ability to run programs?

8. Admiral Adama

I did as you instructed and it said windows could not run the scanner. Here is what my desktop says, WARNING: all media systems have been crashed. To resolve this issue click here to download. And there is a big green clickable button on my desktop that asks me to download something to fix my codec. I'm pretty sure there's Malware on my computer. I ran malwarebytes and when I restarted my computer everything was normal and I could run task manager and so on. Then my screen went black and my desktop changed to this warning message again and it won't allow me to run task manager. Now everytime I start up my computer my desktop has that warning message and my computer is slow and false messages pop up. I read somewhere that the vundo virus can change and you can remove part of it but then it restarts itself again.

9. TimW

Please downloadVundoFix by Atribune to your desktop.

* Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.
    * Click the Scan for Vundo button.
    * Once it's done scanning, click the Remove Vundo button.
    * You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES
    * Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
    * When completed, it will prompt that it will reboot your computer, click OK.
    * Please post the contents of C:\vundofix.txt

Note: It is possible that VundoFix encountered a file it could not remove.
    In this case, VundoFix will run on reboot, simply follow the above instructions starting from "Click the
    Scan for Vundo button." when VundoFix appears at reboot.

Now run the C:\MGtools\GetLogs.bat file by double clicking on it (Note: if using Vista, don't double click, use right click and select Run As Administrator).

Then attach the below logs:

* C:\Vundofix.txt
    * C:\MGlogs.zip

10. Admiral Adama

Here are the logs.

Attached Files:

11. TimW

MGTools.exe should be here:
    C:\MGTools.exe.....not on your desktop.

You can use windows explorer to find and delete:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Chase\Local Settings\temp\fla27.tmp
    C:\Documents and Settings\Chase\Local Settings\temp\fla2C.tmp
    C:\Documents and Settings\Chase\Local Settings\temp\fla30.tmp
    C:\Documents and Settings\Chase\Local Settings\temp\fla34.tmp

Otherwise your logs are clean. I would suggest that any other issues you may still be having be addressed in the software forum.

12. Admiral Adama

please close.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds