Guys I need to backup my Computer with Acronis Home 11

Discussion in 'Software' started by Sanxer, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Sanxer

Sanxer Private E-2

Hi guys due to the Hd hardware problems i described last week in my post I decided to buy True Image 11 and a new 2TB HD(Western Digital WD2002 FAEX) to replace 2 Samsung Spinpoint HD103SJ both are at 60% Secure but from time to time they give me BSOD.

So this is my config

-1st HD has 4 partitions:
    3 NTFS Primary bootable(holding 3 different SO) a 1 logic holding their data.

-2nd HD:
    Holds a single 1TB with uncompressed AV footage I use for work.

What I need to do 1st is to backup and Restore the 3 OS HD.
    hd103sj
    Should I have to create partitions manually, or I need to create just one then Copy the data with TrueImage.
    I ask cause I never used Acronis.
    I also want to do this operation just one time to minimize hardware read problems.
    I can restore the HD from the backup file on the same partition?
    Also how do I partition/setup(block size... Etc)it to get best performance after all is done due to its large size 2TB.

To restore it on the same 2TB HD do I need to create a boot CD/USB ?

Thanks for the attention.:cool

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

From the TI user interface you take the option to back up your drives, not your data. Select the drives (partitions) you want to include in the backup. Select the drive where you want the backup file stored - either a different partition of the same drive or preferably an entirely different drive that has sufficient unused space. In the comments field add a meaningful description of what is being backed up. Go.

If you subsequently want to restore any of your drives from this backup you are able to select the partition(s) you want restored, and where you want to restore to. For this you should use the Rescue Media (bootable CD) though it can be initiated from Windows in which case the comp will reboot to do the restore.

HTH :)

3. Sanxer

Sanxer Private E-2

Well I actually did know most of the things u said. Anyway In the case i start the restore thing from inside Windows do I need the rescue CD ?

4. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Not unless something goes wrong, no.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds