Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic Graphics Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by selonianth, Feb 27, 2012.

1. selonianth

selonianth Private E-2

Ok. So I can start the game, go into it and play for a short time but it will eventually kick me out of the game. If I go into configure and click Check Hardware it says my driver isn't good enough that it requires Detonator 45.23 But I'm using the GeForce GTX 260M driver version 285.62 and the suggested search it gives me on Nvidia.com comes up with a driver non-compatible with my computer.

Is it me or is my graphics driver TOO good?

2. selonianth

selonianth Private E-2

Attached is the readout I get when I tell it to check hardware then view the details. Any idea why the video driver it says I have is totally wrong?

I should also mention that when I performed a check earlier it worked fine and said all requirements were met.

Attached Files:

3. selonianth

selonianth Private E-2

No one has any idea why this is being so... non-cooperative?

4. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

It's because KotOR is so much older than the driver and hardware, that you're getting this message. You're in Windows 7, right?

Download and install DirectX 9 if you haven't already. Also try the usual stuff of running the game's main exe files As Administrator and in compatibility mode for Windows XP. If that doesn't work, you may have no choice but to follow this guide.

5. selonianth

selonianth Private E-2

I do already have DirectX 9. I'm actually going to try a couple more compatibility mode combos and see if they work. Crossing my fingers.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds