Notify me of possible attacks??

Discussion in 'Software' started by BrokenArrows, Sep 14, 2005.

1. BrokenArrows

BrokenArrows Sergeant

I am connected to a college LAN and i am looking for a program that will tell me if someone is pinging me, port scanning me etc.

Are there any freeware apps out there that do this?

2. Brandon

Brandon controlmind

A basic firewall should have the option too block ping attacks and port scanning. To see the people trying to attack just look in the log file that the firewall creates.

controlmind

3. BrokenArrows

BrokenArrows Sergeant

As i said above im on a college LAN. The firewall does prevent pings/attacks from outside of the LAN but does nothing for the ones inside the LAN.

I dont have access to the firewall so i cant review the logs.

I just want a program that notifies me or creates a log everytime im pinged etc.

Ive heard of programs like this before i just cant find any.

4. Anon-068c403e2d

Anon-068c403e2d Anonymized

5. cottoncandyroses

cottoncandyroses Private E-2

I have Zone Alarm and Visual Zone installed...Visual zone is a neat little program that will show you where the intrusion is coming from, their isp address, and all sorts things...it will even sound an alarm every time you get pinged, scanned, whatever....I love it myself! This is where I found it...http://www.visualizesoftware.com/.

Hope thats what you are looking for!
    Have a great day! ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds