Device manager Yellow ? !!! Audio device on high definition audio bus

Discussion in 'Software' started by redhotangeldevil, Mar 30, 2010.

1. redhotangeldevil

redhotangeldevil Private E-2

I have a HP Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4CPU 3.06 Ghz .pp GB ram running Microsoft XP Home edition version 2002 Service Pack 3 HP Pavillion a1310y
    In the device manager I have yellow question marks next to
    Audio device on High Definiton Audio bus and
    Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

When I try to run a mmorpg that has been downloaded the computer shuts down.
    When I try and run a game that was downloaded (Jojos Fashion show 3) I get an error message about Direct 3D error.

I do have sound. I have downloaded the newest Direct X and tried to update all drivers from the HP site.
    And my personal geek has abandoned me... =) you know who you are!

HELP!
    :-D Please and Thank you!

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

If you right click the devices in device manager and select properties it will tell you the problem with the device and give and error code,its most probably will say you need to load driver files,this usually happens if you've recently formatted and reinstalled windows,have you?Have you recently had some problems?

Do you have any audio at all?

Try installing this driver AGAIN and describe what happens when you install it.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...n&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&os=228&product=1817038

Try Installing these two again also

This one first

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...n&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&os=228&product=1817038

Then this

Could you show me the drivers you were trying to install?Just copy and past them in your next post,the direct 3D error is due to you not having a functional 3D device due to the driver not being installed or similar there shouldn't be anything wrong with it since you can use the computer.

3. redhotangeldevil

Thank you Rikky, I will do that and let you know. I did just re-format and I do have sound. Get back to you on the other. Thank you again.

4. redhotangeldevil

System does not meet minimum requirements for the first download. (that is the error message I got)
    Upadte driver, disable, uninstall and properties is what I get when I right click on the yellow question mark. http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt249/kellandcor/deviceerrors.jpg
    26600, 26606, 26760, 26601 and 26607 were the ones that I tried to dl and install already from the HP website.

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

You will need to do this as this fools XP SP3 into thinking its SP2 and allow the re-install of the UAA HD Audio Patch as this patch is required before any of the HD device drivers are installed, editing the registry can if the instructions are not followed accuratly cause your PC to fail or error, so if your not happy editing the registry, get a friend who is to run the steps.

6. redhotangeldevil

7. redhotangeldevil

Ok blonde moment over... I did everything you told me to, don't see any change in computer. I did get a error message "cant find HD Realtek Audio driver" something to that effect. Tried to copy and paste into screen shot but comp re-started and missed it. Sound still works. Still have yellow question marks, and games still wont play. :(

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds