p2p ports

Discussion in 'Software' started by IROC_DIS, Aug 16, 2004.

1. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Private E-2

im not too computer savy so ill try to explain this as best i can, im on my school's (USC) network. im trying to figure out how to use limewire and various other p2p programs, thing is, they arent connecting and im almost positive its because of the schools firewall.

now is there some sort of program that can let me "sniff" out the ports that p2p programs run through?

2. Strogg

Strogg 5-Star Freakin' Geek

if usc is really blocking all ports except for the useful ones (ie 80, 21, etc), then there's nothing you can do about it. The only thing you can do is have a local p2p network in the dorms or whatever.

3. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Private E-2

i dont think theyre blocking all of them though, limewire worked fine last year and im pretty sure they havent changed anything

4. Strogg

Strogg 5-Star Freakin' Geek

hrm. ok

if you want to know what ports are being used, go to the command prompt and type in netstat. that should give you pertinent information

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds