Drivers are missing help!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by scrapper, Dec 18, 2004.

1. scrapper

scrapper Private E-2

Hi
    I am really hoping someone out there can help. We had some spyware on our computer, and I downloaded a free thing to get rid of it. I did this, and suddenly our HP CD-Writer cd16f and our Pioneer DVD-Rom DVD-116 aren't working at all. When I go into devices, it shows them with yellow exclamation marks beside them, but another area says they are missing. A computer store told us to uninstall them and restart computer and Windows XP would find them itself. This did not work and it is driving us crazy!!! Does anyone know what we should do???

2. technoidiot

technoidiot Private E-2

You can go to driverguide.com You will have to register but that is free. Then follow the screens. They should have and if they don't they have links to the mfg. websites and can be downloaded from the support sections.

Hope this helps

3. scrapper

scrapper Private E-2

Thank you very much, I will try that right now.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds