Way to boost Audio In?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Rushing Zephyr, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Rushing Zephyr

Rushing Zephyr Private E-2

I recently purchased a TV Tuner card for my PC. It works great, but I'm having a problem somewhere with my audio setup.

I needed to buy an RCA to Jack Plug Y converter so I could get audio composite cables hooked up to this thing. It works, I can plug in headphones to the audio out on the tuner card and hear things perfectly fine.

My problem is that when I use the audio out on the tuner card to connect to my on-board sound, things are very quite. The sound is being directed to the right place - I can hear it coming out of my speakers, but only when the volume is on very loudly.

I've already checked everything in the software included with the tuner card, I've checked the volume controls, and I've checked my Realtek HD Audio drivers. Everything should be good.

My question is this, is there some way to boost the sensitivity to the audio in jack so I get louder sound, or even anything to this effect?

2. Rushing Zephyr

Agh guys please I still need help. The audio in just isn't picking up sound loud enough. Is there any way to fix this, maybe through the bios or other volume settings?

3. theefool

theefool Geekified

The signal should be coming from the coxial cable to the tv card, then your computer should about the sound normally.

What media software are ye using? MCE 2k5?

4. Rushing Zephyr

Agh, sorry, I found out the problem. In volume control, I had to check some boxes in advanced settings. Now I have Blue Line In, Pink Line In, etc and those were set very low.

Things are good now though, hope this topic is useful to someone in the future :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds