tv connection radeon 9000 doesn't work

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jaap2, Jul 16, 2007.

1. jaap2

jaap2 Private E-2

I have a radeon 9000 with a s-video output. I connected it with a s-video/scart cable to my tv (it's a normal tv, rather old, with two scart and one antenna inputs. It's a Salora with 'nokia technology' and there is written 'super digital' on it, I selected in the menu the EXT2 s-video option). I installed Catalyst 6.11 and tried every option possible, but I don't get a a reasonable projection on my tv screen. I see half of my desktop up and the other half down, the colours are changing and the screen is flashing. I put it on 60Hz and 800x600, I don't get why it's not working. Maybe someone has an idea?

2. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks. This won't help much, but I had similar trouble with my S-Vid also. I'm running an NVidia FX5700 and I couldn't get a decent picture on the TV either. The best I could get was if I had the resolution real low (640x480) or real high (1600x1200) and in both cases, all the edges were cut off to where the top and bottom quarter of the picture was cut; same with the left and right sides. So I could only see a small square of whatever was in the middle of the screen. The colors were steady tho'.... I ended up scrapping the idea. Try going to your TV makers web site and see if they have a support page or a forum or FAQ's or something that may be of help. Maybe read your TV manual and see if that helps. Good luck!
    hd2k

3. jaap2

jaap2 Private E-2

I tried to make a connection with a 's-video to composite' plug - composite cable - and a scart plug (with three inputs; red with yellow). Now I get a better view, but it is black and with... I guess I should rearrange the connections in the s-video/scart cable and than it should work.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds