Router password prob

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by frontman, Aug 23, 2007.

1. frontman

frontman Private E-2

I'm trying to set up my new router - have my login for my broadband but I've forgotten the password.:eek: I've set my current router up to automatically connect to the internet so the password IS saved on the PC but all I can see is the ****s - can't copy and paste it into notepad, is there any way I can see what's there?

Or do i have to waste a fortune phoning BT to reset it?

Gracias amigos

2. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Surely you have the original letter that came from BT and contained both your password and user name.

Otherwise you will simply have to phone BT and ask them to tell you again. Don't ask them to reset it or they will charge you.

3. epsonone

epsonone Private First Class

is it not admin or password them are the usually one

4. frontman

frontman Private E-2

Thanks amigos..i posted this as a favour to a friend...turns out his password was********...clever eh?..lol

seems to have sorted it now.

Gracias

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds