Blue screen help

Discussion in 'Software' started by Roymishali, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Roymishali

Roymishali Private E-2

Hi,
    I'm experiencing some problems with my pc,

Sometimes Windows 7 freezes while I'm working,
    Usually I restart my computer, and it will get stuck on the CPU splash screen and won't get pass it.
    Then I shutdown my computer completely and let it rest for 10 minutes and boot it again, and then it'll boots fine.
    It's like that for the last 2 months.

This morning my computer froze again, but this times it showed a blue screen.
    I think maybe it's an hardware, but I'm not sure..maybe drivers?

Can someone help me identify what cause the problems?
    thanks! :)
    Code:
    Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)

MSI MS-7592 7.0

Board: G41M-P33 Combo(MS-7592) 7.0
    Bus Clock: 267 megahertz
    BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. V32.10 12/07/2012

2.80 gigahertz Intel Core2 Duo
    64 kilobyte primary memory cache
    3072 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    64-bit ready
    Multi-core (2 total)
    Not hyper-threaded

8192 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
    Slot 'DIMM1' has 4096 MB (serial number SerNum00)
    Slot 'DIMM2' has 4096 MB (serial number SerNum01)

704.05 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
    449.25 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

Attached Files:

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

BlueScreenView should help identify the cause. It sounds typical of an overheating problem so make sure the vents are not blocked. If it's a desktop you might want open it up and carefully brush away any dust on fans, vents, and around the cpu cooler.

3. Roymishali

Roymishali Private E-2

I can't use BlueScreenView, because the MiniDump folder is empty.
    I'll try to open and clean my computer, thank.

4. Earthling

That's strange - by default Windows creates a minidump file in C:\Windows\Minidump\Minidump.dmp whenever a BSoD occurs, and you had one this morning :confused

Anyway let's hope cleaning it fixes it.

5. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, Roymishali.

Pardon the interruption - you're in good hands with Earthling. I agree about the overheating, and as you mentioned in your first post device drivers are also suspect with 0x000000F4 stop errors - make sure everything's up to date and make sure no BIOS or motherboard tweaking programs are being used.

Check that Windows is set for saving the bugcheck analysis info: quick tutorial here.

Also, have you tried booting into Safe Mode or Safe Mode w/Networking and running some stress tests? Similarly have you tried a previous Restore Point in case this might be an recently installed program or driver issue?

6. Earthling

@ Caliban - I always thought the default setting was to write a minidump file so thanks for jumping in and correcting me.

7. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

The first parameter (0x3) indicates that it's a process crucial to system operation that has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. It could be something auto-starting that's blocking a vital process (possibly malware, we'll know more once we can get details, dump analysis, WER checks, etc.).

Use MSConfig (once you can start Windows) to remove all non-essential Startups (grab a screenshot first to attach/refer to later), then go to the Services tab, hide all Microsoft entries and disable all others except your AV/firewall. Reboot and test it again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds