Windows 8.1 apps and flash player?

Discussion in 'Software' started by justh8me, Oct 17, 2014.

1. justh8me

justh8me Private E-2

I am on a surface pro 2 with windows 8.1. With Flash Player 15.0.0.152

If I open any of the windows apps (using msn sports at the moment) and try to play one of the videos, I get the - "To view this video, you must be using a current version of Adobe's Flash Player" message.
    but I already have it, and when I try to use the link to go download it, it tells me it is already installed.

The issue is with the apps because flash player video's play fine in internet explorer, chrome, etc. It only has issues when I try to use it in a windows app.

Anyone know if there is a fix for this?
    Thanks in advance!

2. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

I have saved a lot of music videos over the years and Windows out of the box won't play most of them. I use IrfanView and Media Player Classic -both on MG- and don't even worry about Adobe. MPC will open a directory and play for hours.

3. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

What browser do you use? If Internet Explorer (on Windows 8.x), use Windows Update to update your Flash Player version.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds