to Yahoo

Discussion in 'Software' started by Skysarge, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

Somehow got Yahoo, didn't ask for Yahoo, was using Google.
    How do I get Google back?

2. Anon-9aee479f8f

Anon-9aee479f8f Anonymized

I assume you mean you want Google as your search provider. If so you can change that under Manage Add-ons.

3. solaris89

solaris89 First Sergeant

What browser are you using? Install any new software lately? Some software is known to change home pages and/or search providers during click-happy installs. ;)

4. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

Browser Firefox
    No new programs
    Found Manage Addons, did not find way to change to google

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

When you click the arrow aside of your search engine, the last item is Manage Search Engines. [​IMG]
    Click that. If google is in the list, select it and keep moving it up. If google is not in the list, click the link Get more search engines which sends you to this page
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search/?atype=4
    with over 3,000 choices.

6. Anon-9aee479f8f

Anon-9aee479f8f Anonymized

Sorry Skyarge I should of ask what browser you were using. It is always helpful if you tell us what OS and browser you are using when asking for help. I have not used Firefox in a while. With IE you can do this through add-ons.
    plodr to the rescue!:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds