Dimension 4600C motherboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ZososGuitar, Jul 21, 2005.

1. ZososGuitar

ZososGuitar Private E-2

I have a Dimension 4600C and because I am not at it right now I don't know too many of the other specs. But the problem is that when I would turn it on it seemed to be sending nothing to the monitor. Dell told me it was the video card, but when I tried my card in a different system it worked fine. They then told me it was the motherboard. Today I ordered a new one from them, and then started seeing things online saying that it's the 4600C's power supply that dies. My question is, are the symptoms of a dead power supply similar to a dead motherboard, or if the power supply went would the computer do nothing when you pressed the power button? Because I know that it seemed to start up, and it seems to me that if the computer does anything at all then the power supply is intact, but I don't really know a whole lot so...

2. catbro6166

catbro6166 Corporal

Without the ps the computer is a useless piece of metal and plastic so if the ps is failed the comp would do nothind at powerup no lights no noise no magic.

3. ZososGuitar

ZososGuitar Private E-2

Okay, I guess that would make sense logically. So it better be the motherboard then.

Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds