AVI or MPG DVD creation

Discussion in 'Software' started by murdock73, Sep 5, 2006.

1. murdock73

murdock73 Private E-2

I have some files that I'd like to burn onto a DVD... how do I do that? I currently only have Nero, and if it does convert the files into DVD format, I haven't figured it out. Any help? Thanks...

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Burning them as MPG or AVI should be as simple as adding them to a data DVD project in Nero, and burning.

However, if you want to create a DVD that is playable in (non DivX) DVD players, then you will need to convert the files into DVD format first. I've always liked DivXToDVD for this purpose. This will convert an AVI or MPEG video into an ISO file. You can then burn this ISO file as a data DVD project, and it will translate into the necessary file structure (ie. VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS at the disc's root) as well as the correct filetypes (*.VOB).

However, DivXtoDVD has been discontinued, and the SHAREWARE version ConvertXToDVD has replaced it. I've never used this, so I can't comment on what kind of job it does.

Another freeware alternative is AVI2DVD, but I've found that this program often messes up the sync between video and audio.

All these programs work the same... put in an AVI/MPEG, spit out an ISO, then burn the ISO, and you should have a working disc. Let us know if you have any problems.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds