Excel 2007 vs Excel 2003

Discussion in 'Software' started by DetailerDave, Jun 9, 2008.

1. DetailerDave

DetailerDave Private E-2

I got a spread sheet in excel 97-2003 format. It opens fine on my machine using Excel 2000. But- when opening with Excel 2007, the format is screwed up, and I am not getting the same view, and columns are missing. It seems to open with a 4 tiled view, which I can change, but only to 2 tiles, and not a single page view. I can't edit what I need to, because the column that is the ID is missing, and with over 200 lines, I can't exactly guess at it. Any ideas are appreciated.
    Oh- Operating system for Office 200 is Windows 2000, and machine with Office 2007 is #*^%$#% Vista!

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

You need to open it in compatibility mode.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc178998.aspx

Since I don't run Vista nor Office 2007, I'm not sure how to set it to this mode.
    ooops, looks like it is on
    I guess it doesn't work that great.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds