Adobe flash player will not download or install

Discussion in 'Software' started by BILLMCC66, Oct 13, 2014.

1. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

I am useing windows 7 and have been trying to load adobe flash player without any succsess,it reaches step 2 and then just stalls.

My PC runs in two languages Dutch and English, it does not matter which language i try the result is just the sam also it will not load if i use Firefox or internet explore.

any ideas welcom
    thanks
    Bill

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Perhaps an uninstaller before you attempt another install?
    Code:
    http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe
    This is for IE running on Windows 7 and below, it is a direct download
    Code:
    http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_15_active_x.exe
    After it downloads, try right clicking and run as an administrator

This is for all other browsers running on Win 7 and below
    Code:
    http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_15_plugin.exe

3. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Thanks for trying.

There is nothing to uninstall so i tried all three that you gave but with the same results,it gets to the dowload stage and then stalls.

I can only assume the problem is with the PC because my other PC running windows 8 does not have a problem.

I must do some work to find what is blocking it.:(

thanks
    Bill

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Flash for Windows 8 is installed through Windows update; it is completely different than all previous versions of Windows.

Can you download the two flash files using your Win 8 computer, put the files on a USB stick and move the files to the desktop of the Win 7 computer?

I download 1 copy of each flash, put them on a stick on move them to 7 different Windows installs every patch Tuesday when flash is updated.

5. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

6. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Thanks guys i will give it a try with my windows 8 PC although i have not had it long and it,s a completely new learning curve.

7. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

I have been trying to get windows 8 to save Adobe to a thumb drive but it always wants to install it?

I have a lot to learn on how to navgate windows 8 and to be truthfull i wish i had not bought the damn thig,it might as well be in chinesefor what i understand of it.

8. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

I have maybe 600 CDs and DVDs so i trolled through them and found a copy of Adobe flash player 9 so yippee i can wach vidios, i hope it will updatr itself in the near future.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds