Firefox and Chrome keep "Not Responding" and lagging

Discussion in 'Software' started by GStam66, Oct 14, 2014.

1. GStam66

GStam66 Private First Class

Howdy everyone, been having some issues with my internet browsers (Firefox and Chrome). Seems every few minutes or so they forget what they're doing and sit there saying "Not Responding", for at least 30 seconds or so. Sometimes I have to restart the tablet.

The freezing and unresponsiveness seemed to go away after I uninstalled Adobe Flash, but came back after a day. I tried clearing cache/cookies/etc, but that didnt work either.

I dont have any add-ons or extensions going with Firefox, and I'm not getting any specific error messages.

With Chrome, I have these add-ons:

AVG SafeGuard toolbar 18.1.8.643
    Search the web safely using the AVG SafeGuard toolbar.

BB10 / PlayBook App Manager 2.2.2
    List, manage and install apps on BlackBerry 10 and PlayBook.

Google Docs 0.7
    Create and edit documents Permissions Visit website

I have windows 8.1, and haven't had any sort of freezing or lagging issues on the tablet itself. Only happens when I'm using an internet browser.

2. GStam66

Bump?

3. GStam66

Finally got some sort of message during/after the crash. Shockwave crashed. seems to happen a lot, even after uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds