Norton Systemworks System Optimizer

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by margeann, Feb 6, 2007.

1. margeann

margeann Private E-2

I have used Norton products since 2000 without any problems. I recently used the system optimizer and now have a corrupted hard drive. My OS is Windows Media Center SP2. When I completed the portion of the SO that allows you to not have to log in any more, done automatically, BIG MISTAKE!
    My PC no longer recognizes me as the system administrator. I have spent at least 16 hours trying to figure out the problem and how to fix it. I uninstalled the product without any results. I finally contacted HP and we figured it out, corrupted hard drive. I can't do a backup because that is an administrative function. I can't do or have access to anything an administrator would. Any advice before I contact HP or take it in? I've been reading and referring to Major Geeks for a while and would trust your advice before anyone else's. Thanks!

2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Yeah, start a thread in the hardware forum, as you will get more reading and replies there :)

3. margeann

margeann Private E-2

Thanks for your help! First day.

4. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

You're welcome, and welcome to MGs :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds