Old Compressed Files

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Jameo, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Jameo

Jameo Private E-2

Hi Everyone,

It is my first time here and I am excited:dancer.
    My issue is this.....
    I have run CC cleanup, avg, you name it I have done it. When I try to run Disk Clean up, it shows me as havin 216,157K in old compressed files. I would like to find these files delete them. Where can I find them...Plus when I try to defrag it states that I only have 7% of free space. I need to make more space avail any suggestions?

Thanks,

2. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

Welcome to MajorGeeks Jameo, excited is good and keeps the blood flowing to the brain :)

You will get more help here in Software with your questions, happy cleaning.

3. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

welcome to the forums :wave

4. Jameo

Jameo Private E-2

Thanks for the welcome. I searched the software threads all day today, most of what I found basically dealt with cleaning by using cc-clean up etc. I followed those but I just want to know how to access the old compressed files so that I can manually delete them......:confused

5. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Tried searching for .zip?

6. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

7. Jameo

Jameo Private E-2

Thanks...I'll try that tonight!!!!

8. Horsey

Horsey Sergeant

:wave and welcome to Major Geeks! :major

9. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

Sorry, my failure to communicate via post. Not sure what is in the compressed files and most likely some files that are needed.

Did you compress your C drive, see attached is the box checked when you right click your C drive, look at Properties.

This guide might help http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106650. As far as space goes, review old mail, programs, pics, documents and get rid of what you no longer need or use.

It also helps to keep mail, documents, pics in labeled sub folders and move them as received to designated folder, easier to clean up later by date or subject.

I meant to suggest the you post a new thread in Software for help dealing with your space issue but fingers and brain were not communicating.

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds