2 nics on win xp pro with load balancing!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by war072, Apr 15, 2005.

1. war072

war072 Private E-2

hi all
    i have a pc with 2 nics in with windows xp pro sp2 and would like to utilize both of them at the same time to do my administration faster on my network as i am an administrator...... can anybody help me with this?????

many thanks in advance for the help and input!!!

2. Slipstream

Slipstream Private E-2

uhh, good luck. i really cannot help you there. you would probrably have a problem with i collision, and definitely with the hardware addresses. as the router would show they are coming from the same computer, but have different hardware (mac) addresses. if you are really set on doing this, you could always use a hardware address cloning program, to change the addresses of both of the nics to make them completely different, then you would have to find a way to have one computer with 2 ip addresses. ive only seen this condition once, and that was on a compter with 4 d-link nics, and running red hat linux. the user had designed a program to change the hardware addresses, and ip adresses of all of the nics to different numbers. but he was using 3 dlink routers, and from the router's perspective, it looked like 4 different computers, each with the same type of nic(dlink) and each running red hat linux. So it is possible. However, if you do this. you wont make anything faster, you would only make your cpu and fsb waste those precious cycles. Im sorry i couldnt help you solve your problem, but don't get discouraged. if you are willing to spend enough money and use enough time and resources, you cand do anything. as for doing it under windows xp pro with sp2, im not sure, as xp is a limited operating system, and it is not open source, so microsoft might be using anything under the sun to process its network connections.

I hope this helped you at least a little to do what you are trying to do.

3. war072

war072 Private E-2

ok thanx for the help anyways slipstream!!! but could i accomplish this using windows 2003 then???????

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds