Ethernet Controller Driver / Dimension 5150

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Transmogrify, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Transmogrify

Transmogrify Private E-2

Hello MajorGeeks Support Forum.
    I hate for my first post has to be a plead for help, but alas, it is.

I am running Windows XP Home Edition.
    (I am currently on a relatives computer, to type this up).
    I have all the necessary things to connect to the internet, with a high-speed connection.
    The modem and all is correctly hooked up.

I checked device manager when I couldn't connect to the internet.
    (I recently re-installed windows).
    My Ethernet Controller had the dreaded question-mark over it.
    This is clearly not a good thing. (Haha).

I figured I'd have to update my drivers.
    Not a problem.
    But I had no internet.
    So I came to my relatives, mighty 700 mb CD in hand, and began the quest for my Ethernet Controller drivers.

Here is the link to the drivers that my computer would take.

http://support.dell.com/support/dow...5150/E510&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=4030&libid=5

One problem.
    Which driver should I be downloading?
    Please supply the name of it. And before you post, "OMFG REPOST", I'm sorry.
    Isdientz's thread on his Ethernet driver didn't help me out.
    He clearly solved the problem, but when I clicked the guy's link to solve Isdientz's problem, it just gave me all the drivers, not the one he was talking about.

So I still don't know which driver to download.
    Somebody PLEASE help me.
    (If somehow like 4-5 of similar threads pop up along with this one from me, I'm sorry. Every time I try to post it doesn't seem to go through.

Thank you in advance!
    ~Bryan

2. Transmogrify

Transmogrify Private E-2

Sorry for posting this in the Drivers area aswell, I didn't realise the amount of time it takes for the new threads to appear, so I panicked and posted several of it by accident. D:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds