WWW connection drops after 2 minutes

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 0779mike, Oct 19, 2008.

1. 0779mike

0779mike Private E-2

my daughters laptop connects to the internet for about 2 minutes then loses connection to www though it is still connected to our wireless router. This is a 3 year old Dell Latitude running XP.

It was ok till about a week ago. I can’t find a restore point to go back to. I’ve run full AVG and Spybot scans, and removed all TSRs that I can such as "4 on Demand", "BBC Iplayer" and "Spybot Teatimer" but still no joy.)

I've uninstalled the wirless device and rebooted so that it re-installs, still no joy.

Other pc/laptops in the house are all working fine, wirelessly on www.

Help please.... :cry

2. 0779mike

0779mike Private E-2

Could this be something to do with Zone Alarms free firewall, I seem to recall a problem with a recent release of Zone Alarms and XP ?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds