Can't access my messages in Hotmail

Discussion in 'Software' started by Enrique, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Enrique

Enrique Private E-2

Greetings.
    This is my first post in this forum. So I salute you all.

My problem is: when I log in Hotmail, the main page (Inbox) opens complete but pops up a window saying something like "erro........ it was expecting an object, do you want to debug". I click No, and the window closes. But when I click in any of my e-mails to access it to read it, the window pops up again, and I click No again, but the window pops up like 4 more times. After saying NO to all of them, the window closes, but it pops up again every time I click on an e-mail. So, I can't see any of my e-mails. And it's being some days now since that, and my Inbox is fulling of mails that I can't read.

Can someone point me some tips for this kind of problem ?

I'll appreciate any help.

Regards. :)

2. Enrique

Enrique Private E-2

Just wanted to know if this post is in the wrong place, if you have another forum that treats this problems...

Or if there's no problem from posting it here, I'll just wait until someone answers me.

Thanks.

3. Turcoloco

Turcoloco MajorGeek

Hello and welcome to MG!

I am not sure at this point if you have some other problems but as far as the pop-up messages go, the cause could be the IE settings in the 'Advanced' tab.
    So you might want to check on these 2 settings:

Start > (might need to click on 'Settings' depending on your Start menu type) > Control Panel > Internet Options > click on the 'Advanced' tab,
    scroll down till you see these 2 settings (not that far from the top and both settings will be under 'Browsing' section, ok)

~ Disable script debugging > make sure the box is checked.
    ~ Display a notification about every script error > make sure the box is NOT checked.

Also you might want to check on this option while you are at it, scroll down a bit fu rther in the same section):
    ~ Show friendly HTTP error messages > make sure the box is NOT checked.

...see if that helps. ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds