i cant overclock my ASUS P5ND2-deluxe SLi motherboard. Help needed.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jpmad4it, Feb 2, 2006.

1. jpmad4it

jpmad4it Private E-2

Hey

I recently built a new system and so now i want to OC it!

The thing is i have a problem with my Asus P5ND2-deluxe Sli motherboard.

I changed the FSB from 800 to 820 (which means the CPU will be running at 205Mhz) the system boots fine but the CPU-Z program still shows my FSB at 800 (200Mhz ). Can anyone tell me why the change is not occurring? And does it mean that the change has not taken place because CPU-Z does not recognise it i.e. are there any other recommended programs i can use to check if my FSB has changed?

I have tried various settings but it just wont change.

Another thing is a question about my 1GB Mushkin DDR2 800 RAM. With DDR2 RAM there are a couple of new timings that i am not familiar with: the bank cycle time in particular. Also my timings are really high 4, 4, 4, 11, 15 and the ratio is running at FSB:RAM in 15:8?!?!? And my RAM is running at 106.7Mz. Shouldnt it be running at something like 400Mhz if its DDR2 800? What kind of timings (on average) should i be able to achieve with this kind of RAM.

Any help would be great guys,

regards J

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds