multimedia controller and multimedia video controller

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by andrew venn, Jun 20, 2008.

1. andrew venn

andrew venn Private E-2

Hello all, I could do with some help...
    i seem to have mosplaced my multimedia controller and my multimedia video controller???
    Now i dont know what they are for but i cant update the drivers for them and not really sure on what they do!
    this has probably got nothing to do with them but my dvd burner is also not kicking in what it should be burning....

any help with the controller thingys would be great.

thanks
    Andrew.

2. akhilles

akhilles First Sergeant

Well, posting the makes & models of the multimedia controller and multimedia video controller would be helpful. You google for their drivers.

3. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Here's a bit of info to help you find your drivers.

Check: Device Manager for bad drivers.
    For XP: Go to Start>Control Panel> System. On the Hardware tab, click Device Manager, then click the plus sign in front of Sound, Video, Game Controllers.
    For Vista: Go to Start>Control Panel>Device Manager
    In Device Manager, if there is a ? in front of your audio device, that means no audio driver is installed.
    A ! means driver installation attempted but with problems

Post back what you find there.

Post a make and model # if your PC is manufactured (Dell, Gateway, HP, etc.) or your motherboard ID, if it is a build. Or even better:
    Use Everest to get a report of your system’s hardware, OS, and drivers. Upload the report as an attachment
    Everest: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181
    When Everest is done scanning, click "Report" at the top of the Everest window, click next to get to "Report Profile", select "Hardware related pages", click next, select "Plain Text", click "Finish". Then when it is done processing, click "Save To File". Save it where you want to. (I would use Desktop.)
    Click "Go Advanced" in the MG reply box, scroll down a little way until you see "Manage Attachments", click it, browse to your file, click "Upload", and close the window. Then submit the post. You may have to also type something in the reply box, like, "Here's my report.", so that it will submit.

That'll help us find the drivers you need.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds