Touchpad not working correctly

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Aidara, May 28, 2012.

1. Aidara

Aidara Private E-2

Sorry if I've missed this posted somewhere else in the forum, but today my touchpad stopped working correctly. It responds (slowly) to touch but acts like I've clicked and dragged when I haven't. The buttons have stopped responding at all. I've tried updating the driver and nothing. As far as I know, I wasn't doing anything when it happened. It was open next to me and working fine, and then I turned to use it and found it like this. My USB mouse, which I plugged in after the issue began, works fine.

I have an Asus N55S laptop running Windows 7. Not sure what else might be needed. Thank you so much for any help you can offer!

2. Puppywunder58

Puppywunder58 Master Sergeant

Have you tried restarting the computer after removing your USB mouse?

3. Aidara

Aidara Private E-2

Well, it's mostly working, though for some reason the pointer speed is slower than it was, and I can't get it to go faster even on the highest setting.

4. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Do a driver uninstall for the mouse driver and then reboot, and let Windows find the generic Windows driver.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds