Help Interpreting Crystaldiskmark Results Please.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ella72, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Ella72

Ella72 Private E-2

Hello,

I've been having regular freezing on web pages and general slow reaction to opening files, emails etc on my Samsung laptop.
    I have run chkdsk and sfc/scannow, which came up fine. I also recently re-installed Windows 7 onto another hard drive but that hasn't rectified the problem either.

It was suggested to me that perhaps it is the controllers on the motherboard? To which I have no experience in investigating. It was also suggested that I install and run crystaldiskmark, which I did. The results mean absolutely nothing to me. I have researched what a good benchmark would be for sequential read/write speeds and the 4K random read/write speeds, which I understand to be the important figures to look at. From what I have read, my results are terrible.

I have attached a copy of the result for any feedback.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Attached is my CrystalDiskMark results. Notice the info highlighted in the upper right. You're currently using 79% of your available disk space :eek You need to get much of your data files off of your "C:\" drive and on to another one so you free up some "breathing room" on your "C:\" drive. Once you've removed the excess, defrag/optimize it and then you should notice quite a bit of improvement.

Attached Files:

• CDM.jpg
      CDM.jpg
      File size:
      61 KB
      Views:
  3. Ella72

Ella72 Private E-2

Ahh. Thank you mdonah :)
    I've recently replaced the hard drive which is about half the size of my old one :(
    I just got it from a friend as an interim measure. Thanks so much.
    Think it's time I use my external a bit more.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds