help

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by karenstoneham, Jan 8, 2009.

1. karenstoneham

karenstoneham Private E-2

my other computer crashed and when i try to turn it on the power lite comes on but then nothing happens it wont bring up windows or anything else just a black screen

2. :):waveWelcome to the forum :cool:wave

Maximus.....:wave:major​

3. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

HI there and welcome :wave

As this is just the welcome centre you would be better off advised to post into the Hardware or Software forum

Give details of your operating system and anything you could have done prior to this that could help with diagnosing what went wrong.

Very best of luck
    Kestrel13!

4. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

5. karenstoneham

karenstoneham Private E-2

well the computer is an IBM think pad note book and i was on the internet and useing my nieces sprint card and it flashed me 2 messages dont remember what they said word for word. but the first said something about a vires and wanted to put it in the vires vault so i told it to do it and the second message said the it needed to close because somethin g had failed and the computer needed to shut down and then everything got like 3 inches tall and the computer froze up and i made it shut down by pushing the power button. and now it wont turn back on or power up

6. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks.com :)

As Kestrel suggested, please post in the appropriate forum, as this is just the Welcome Forum.

If you are getting messages indictaing you have a virus it would be best to post in the Malware Forum first, as trouble shooting software issues would be a waste of time until we know your computer is clean. Please give them details on the virus activity you have experienced so far and what your computer is doing. As it is not booting you will not be able to work through the regular Read and Run Me First link, but I am attaching it so you are aware of it and can put this information in your thread.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds