Can't reply to the thread that helped me, so

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by SonicSC, Jan 9, 2012.

1. SonicSC

SonicSC Private E-2

I will just say thanks so much to 'thisisu' for helping me clear the malware off my wife's computer!! Made me look like a stud... or should I say geek!

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to Major Geeks.:)

I have a feeling you were trying to reply to a thread in Malware. Only the original poster and the Malware experts are allowed to post in those threads.

Glad you got it cleared.:) Just a word of warning for the future. The individual threads in there are custom tailored to the specific people's machines that started the threads, so following any of those instructions could possibly damage your machine. Hopefully, you were following the Read and Run Me First Malware Removal Instructions.

3. thisisu

thisisu Malware Consultant

Glad you found my post(s) useful :) -- You're welcome!

As Laura stated - the fixes in the malware removal forum are intended for that specific user and their specific system setup.

4. SonicSC

SonicSC Private E-2

You're right, of course, about it being a malware thread - I finally discovered the rules about that.

Thanks for the warning, but a Windows PC is a Windows PC is a Windows PC, right? (kidding! roflmao). I have a moderate level of experience with the deeper workings of computers, so I felt like I understood what was being communicated, especially since thisisu included pictures. I did have to make one educated guess on something a bit different from the OP's setup, so I did get a bit lucky. I know it never hurts to double check and be specific though, especially when it comes to one's master boot record.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds