Upgrading the PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by techiegirl2, Dec 28, 2004.

1. techiegirl2

techiegirl2 Corporal

Hello,

I would like to upgrade my PC next year and before I do that I am wondering what kind of specs I should look for?

E.g. memory, processor speed, hard drive, etc.

Right now, I am at a 12 GB HD, AMD K7 processor, 256 MB memory

Any suggestions?

Thanks, :)

2. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

what do you want to do with your computer? what's your budget?

3. techiegirl2

techiegirl2 Corporal

My budget should be around $800.00 to $1000.00 but I already have a new keyboard (media), and will be purchasing a new monitor, mouse is good and speakers.

So it will be a matter of a new tower and motherboard, RAM, processors and HD.

4. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

A64 3000+ , msi neo plat 2, 1gb pc320, 6600GT, sb aud 2 oem, dvd/cdrw, 2x 7200 non raid 60gb sata drives, 400-500w psu.

Mobo and a64 is about 250$; memory is about 250$,100$ for the PSU, video card 200$, sound $100, 120$ for the two hdds, and 50-100$ for the cdrw

/quick n dirty
    That should amount to the right price :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds