GPU advice

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Reclaimer, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Reclaimer

Reclaimer Private E-2

I am hoping to upgrade to 64bit pci express next summer, but in the mean time I would like to grab a new graphics card so I can run battlefield 2. Right now I am running a Geforce FX5200. It really doesn't like running bf2. I have an asus board, 1g pc3200 ra, and an athlon xp 2500 chip. I just need a card to get me through to next year. I was looking at the sapphire ati 9600xt or the 9800pro. Both of these look like solid cards that might even support a bit of ocing. Let me know what you guys think.

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

I think you've made some good choices there!
    I have an MSI card that was built with the ATI 9550 Pro core, and it runs BF2 like a dream! It does OC...BEAUTIFULLY... right in the BIOS.

3. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

4. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Also consider the nvidia 6600gt,if your lucking you may also have one of the bartons that amd knocked down from 3000 to 2500's not because theres anything wrong with it,but simply because no one was buying 3000xp's,I'm not an expert on the subject but I'm sure it can be unlocked by bridging the L1 jumpers

5. Reclaimer

Reclaimer Private E-2

Hey Mada, link just leads to msi products, not a specific card. Any reason?

6. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Weird...must've been a refurbed link...it was there yesterday, and it isn't today. My apologies sir!

7. suesman

suesman First Sergeant

The 9800Pro will run the game just fine. I know alot of folks with that card & they ain't having any problems.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds