Awesome News

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Lev, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

I can now share with you guys some great news I got last week!

I have been trying to get my husband out the woods since his logging accident a few weeks back in which he broke his foot. We decided that, since his grandfather died and his Dad received brain damage in logging accidents in their 50's, it was time to get out, so I have been trying to get a more lucrative job, and had some recent successful interviews. However, my current employer did not want to lose me, so they promoted me to the vacant position of Director of Quality Assurance! A new challenge and a pay rise :D I'm excited (and totally snowed under with work and need to recruit an Admin Assistant...any offers? ;) )

2. Burning_Monkey

Burning_Monkey MajorGeek

Glad to hear of the good news. And good luck with the new job.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Way to go LEV ;)

Congrats on the promotion and new job as Director of QA.

4. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Sweet Lev,I know you'll handle it no problem;)

5. gal1998

gal1998 solo-cob

Wonderful news Lev. I am happy for you and your husband.
    Good luck. I would be your asst., if we could do it long distance......lol

6. Burning_Monkey

Burning_Monkey MajorGeek

Yeah, if I could telecommute I would apply right now...

7. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

Ditto, on all of it!!

Roger

8. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Thanks guys...nobody wants to relocate then ? hehe

9. nitecrawler

nitecrawler Guest

Great news Lev.....ain't it funny sometimes how the mention of 'moving on', suddenly sparks the boss into action for the fear of losing a good employee.
    Same thing happened to my brother recently!

I know from previous posts, that you take great pride in your profession, and are darn good at it, and this was going to come your way anyway, sooner or later!

Hope this helps you to achieve both your professional and personal goals in life.......go girl!!!

I would relocate in a second for the chance to come on those hunting trips with you and hubby, but unfortunately, I would make a lousy Admin Assist...

Regards...

10. brksta

brksta Corporal

Congratulations Lev, wish you all the best

Alwayz Brooke

11. insamaic

insamaic Guest

Ooooooh riight. Have fun! :)

12. Natakel

Natakel Guest

Awesome, Lev . . . you go, girl! It's logical they went to a quality person for some quality assurance!

13. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I can be your manitary.. but it comes with certain conditions. *nudge* *wink*

pervs.. I was talking about free doughnuts.. :p

14. Ken3

Ken3 MajorGeek

Congrats, Lev. :):):) Is this Software QA or Manufacturing QA or ??? QA?. I used to work in software QA here at work for a few years evaluating/auditing on the Software Configuration Management processes, but the QA efforts now have "bumped up" to certification efforts. We're no longer doing software development locally, our primary contractor is doing that. I'm now doing budget analysis for the branch I work in.

15. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Thank you everyone!

@Kodo...make it muffins and you got yourself a deal!

@Ken....QA of our service to youth and adolescents and their families. We are a non-profit social service agency :)

16. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I think you misunderstand.. you need to provide the snackies ;)

17. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

I get it.....doh! nuts!....Doh-nuts :D

18. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

or is it. Go nuts? 0_o

19. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Hmmm...the "conditions" are looking more appealing every minute :p

20. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

yes...lets go nuts.. :) just absolutely geek-mad-crazy!! :D

21. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

congratulations my dear. much aloha

22. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Congrats...Have you thought about offering your hubby the job!!! :eek:

23. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Good deal on the job promotion, Lev. I hope that Randy is able to find something a little safer in his 'old age', too. Be nice to have a job in which you can actually live to retirement, I guess. 0_o.

Way to go, girly!....:)

24. Jazagod

Jazagod Command Sergeant Major

Well Lev, I dont know you that well, I still think your avatar is swattind bees but i'm harmless, even a little Sassy.
    My wife would love your old job, But Alas Canadians are only aloud to work long term in the USA, if they are training
    I sure wish 911 Never happened, because now it is almost impossible for me to up date my passport to get to the US...I used to go there weekly..Now I dont think so.

My wife is 9 years younger(ok geeks calm down)
    seems I have a record, Jamaica welcomed me, Mexico, Singapore(that area) and a stop in Japan.
    the US dont forgive 19 year old mistakes anymore
    (haha they barely forgive last months)
    Ran off Lev, She is A sweety...
    TOO bad the F**LKIN worlds at WAR!!

25. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Thanks guys...I'm so excited (and freakin busy now!)

@Muskpipe - my husband has never worked in an office in his life, and I don't plan to be the one to train him LOL.

@Jazagod....shame she can't get in. Btw..I'm 10 years younger than my husband...it's no big deal :)

26. Jazagod

Jazagod Command Sergeant Major

you'll do great Lev:)
    Jaza

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds