No Signal to the Monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Candarous91, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Candarous91

Candarous91 Private E-2

Ok I went on vacation for a week came back and my PSU was fried. Powered on for about 10-30secs then killed the boot up sequence. No big deal $150 and almost an extra 200W of power later I have a new 750W PSU installed awesome all problems fixed! Not exactly. I go to boot up my computer after plugging everything in and everything fires on like it should minus my VCs aren't outputting any signal. I have 2 EVGA 8800GTS and both are plugged in just fine but no signal from any of the 4 outputs. So my computer stays on as it should but I'm getting no output signal what so ever. Thought it kinda curious that the problem would flip flop on me after I install the new better stronger PSU. Any tips would be appreciated.

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Try one video card at a time, in other words, remove one and try it then remove the other and reinstall the first one and try it. If you have on board video, try that. Double check that EVERYTHING is connected properly to both power and data cables. Double check the memory sticks: remove 'em and reinstall 'em... clear the CMOS while your at it.... oh yeah, be sure to unplug the power cord from the PSU every time you start pulling cards and jumpering jumpers and checking cables and such....
    Good luck!

and Welcome to MajorGeeks! :major

3. Candarous91

Candarous91 Private E-2

Thanks for the tips I'll try that ASAP. Thanks for the welcome I've used this site now for over 6 months but just never got around to creating an account. Kinda embarressed about it being a computer techinician myself but for some reason couldnt solve me own problem. But what can you do

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds