Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by jilter, Apr 22, 2008.

1. jilter

jilter Private E-2

I just discovered this forum, and it is amazing.
    I have 2 question from my "newbie" perspective.

1) If advice received here is appreciated, how does one offer compensation?

2) Are the ads for products on this site safe and approved by the "experts" who reside here?

Thanks!!

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi and welcome :)

If you fix the problem with the help of an MGer, the only thing I would say is follow with a thanks and hey you helped me fix my problem with your suggestions. The site does not take payment. If you want though, you can buy a MG tee as support. http://www.jinx.com/majorgeeks/

The downloads that are tested and approved are here: http://www.majorgeeks.com/ They are all safe and free of any malware.
    The ads are not necessarily tested as far as I know.

3. tjet

tjet Supersonic Majorgeek

Welcome. :wave
    The ads?
    With adblock and a couple host file blockers I don't see any ads. :innocent
    But if you want to know about something you see, just ask.

4. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

5. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Welcome to Major Geeks :major

It is the advertising on sites like MajorGeeks.com that enable them to operate as they do.
    There is no need to click on them if they are of no interest to you personally, but you never know what you will find that may be of some use to you :)

6. Grumbles

Grumbles Bamboozled Geek

Hi and Welcome to this great site :)

G

7. jilter

jilter Private E-2

Thanks for the welcome!!

I just was wondering if they are MG-approved. There are so many products
    out there, many with similar sounding names, I was wondering if the ads here are "safe". I would like to support the site.

8. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

The adverts on Majorgeeks are reviewed all the time to make sure that no malicious ones creep in, I will not say that the odd one may not but its very very rare that they will and they are generally caught before many actually see them.

Many will have similar names as the advert generator will pick the type of genre of sotware and pick the closest adverts to what your searching for, but on the whole we do have in our downloads section http://majorgeeks.com/ many applications that are fully tested before inclusion to the listings that will do the job of the software your looking for.

9. Paxton007

Paxton007 MajorGeek

I tell people about the site all the time, I think of it as my way of supporting it. Welcome :wave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds