Monitor not working :(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by count_zero99uk, Oct 24, 2014.

1. count_zero99uk

count_zero99uk Private E-2

Hi ive a 3 monitor set up one Dell which is running through the Display Port connection, then ive 2 DGMs one running on the DVI port and the other on the HDMI. Lately ive only been running the DVI one and it suddenly stopped working when I tried to load Star Wars the Old Republic. Got a blue screen and when the machine booted back up the two other monitors showed the splash screen as normal but then turned off, again this is normal but the DVI monitor showed no input either. Ive now unplugged the dvi cable from the middle and the other two monitors have show up.

I cant seem to get a signal on the dvi output of my gfx card a HD7700. As my machines in an awkward position was going to ask if there was any thing I could try before pulling the cables out the back of my pc.

Oh when I plug the DVI cable back into the monitor the other two loose signal.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks Brian.

2. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

Are the cables long enough to swap main monitors? Eliminate 1 monitor or 1 output or 1 cable as the problem.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds