new build

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Geckoguy, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Geckoguy

Geckoguy Private E-2

Hi yall.

I am wanting to build a pc from scratch and was hoping for some advice.

firstly the system will be built over a prolonged period, probably over 3 to 4 months, getting in 1 piece at a time.

Secondly it has to fulfill several criteria.

I am own a manufacturing business and therefore must be able to do all the usual office work and web design and management, but I also run several design packages like autocad, paint shop pro, photoshop, Cinema 4D and mudbox. I must also confess to enjoying my games (skyrim, x-com and the likes). Finally the misses likes to watch DVD's.

Any sugestions would be appreciated as this will be my first custom build, although I have altered and adapted all my pc's to date.

2. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

Just some input - Sounds like you need 3 or 4 boxes. One for business. One for you and one for your other half and maybe one for shared storage. Sounds like you already have a couple available? Build one for your work, cad paint photshop whatever is needed. Or repurpose one to that task and build one for one of the other needed machines. Probably good for you if you build one for the misses.;) Then build one for you for whatever reason. Your manufacturing will need the cad photoshop paintshop or whatever. Comms between the machines and computer probably should be a dedicated machine. Use another for your games and entertainment. Build what you want but remember the priorities here. The misses is no.1 but the work supports everything else. Keep her's good while you spend the time to make the rest work.:wave JMHO

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds