Broken LCD laptop screen problem entering BIOS on 2nd Screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pacai, Aug 29, 2009.

1. pacai

pacai Private E-2

i own a samsung x11 notebook which its lcd screen has already broken. i attached an external monitor to it, the monitor work well once the windows starts. but until now i couldnt find a way to access the bios since the monitor only works when entering windows. i tried the func+f5 key, but it still dont work. please help me. thank you.

2. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

Re: Default laptop display as a second monitor problem

Unfortunately dude, there is no way too ... your just going to have to replace the LCD

3. ~Q~

~Q~ Command Sergeant Major

Hey pacai, if you are friendly with the people in your local PC repair shop [if you have one] they might be able to *jerry rig* a monitor screen to work while you get into the bios and do what you need, if you pop down their with the lappy.

Q

4. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

Yu mean *Jury Rig*? Although it can be done, I would't advise it, nor would they, as it involves cutting wires etc inside the laptop which cannot be repaired afterwards, only by replacement of the wires, which can be very hard to find.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds